Sunday, September 02, 2012

Day 70: Bupa Great Yorkshire Run 10K day!

RUN: 6.4 miles

Today we went to Sheffield to do the Bupa 10K - along with about 9,000 other people!
The three of us - me, my boyfriend Andy and his friend Luke - did rather well and we're all pleased with our times, I think. Andy did it in 52 mins, Luke in 55 mins and me in 1 hour 3 minutes.

Here are my official results

About half way round I realised I'd never run that far before. I've done six-mile runs before, but they've been along the canal to Saltaire and I've had a nice little rest in Roberts Park half way!
No rests today, though. Well, I stopped for about 15 seconds about 7.5km in. Ah well. There was a big hill at the end and I didn't stop on that. Hooray! It was rather a warm day, too.

This picture shows some of the little cheerleaders and spectators lending support along the route. (I took it on the go, so it's not the best photo ever!) It also shows some people running with blind partners. The man on the right of the picture was attached to another man by the wrist and they were running together. The other man was blind. Amazing.
I wish there were cheerleaders and people encouraging me along the way every time I run!


Altogether, a great day and a good run. Under an hour would have been ideal, but this was my first official 10K and I tried really hard. Plus I've got something to aim for with the next one.


This is me and Andy after the run

Here's my map and info from the Bupa Sheffield 10K. I forgot to stop my MapMyRun until I'd got right to the meeting point, so the numbers are a bit out. I'm logging 6.4 miles for this one.

2 comments:

  1. Sue and Nick Simpson04/09/2012, 18:07

    Very well done Clairey!! You managed an excellent time - by the time you get to the Edinburgh marathon next May it will seem like 10k is just a walk in the park! Keep on jogging, love Mum & Dad xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks mum and dad. I did my best - but hopefully my best will be much better by May. xx

    ReplyDelete